Our music lessons in NYC are available by semester (19 lessons) or monthly packages.
Semester – $950.00
$50.00 x 19 lessons
Monthly – $56/lesson
Semester – $1,292.00
$68.00 x 19 lessons
Monthly – $73/lesson
Semester – $1,672.00
$88.00 x 19 lessons
Monthly – $92/lesson
Semester – $1,862.00
$98.00 x 19 lessons
Monthly – $104/lesson
School year semesters run September through the end of January and February through the end of June. Semester payments can be prorated depending on when the student starts the lessons.
We are open for lessons in July and August for any number of lessons you are interested
You can purchase an introductory lesson, package, or monthly payment plan in our online store:
1. With monthly automatic payments, tuition will be paid on the 1st day of each month, for the upcoming month. For semester payments, tuition is due in full upon enrollment, and is non-refundable. If any payment is more than 10 days late, a $25 late fee applies and lesson scheduling may be terminated, but the tuition would still be due (see #6). Riverside Music Studios (Riverside Piano Inc) has the right to charge the card on file for amounts discussed.
2. With monthly payments, students are required to commit to at least one lesson per week (4-5 lessons per month) with a limit of 2 lessons each semester that can be missed without rescheduling. This policy applies only to lessons canceled 24+ hours in advance. With semester payments, there are 19 lessons to fulfill within the provided semester dates.
3. There is no transfer of any portion of tuition from one month to another or semester to semester. RMS never provides refunds at any time due to student requests or changes.
4. Student request to reschedule or make up any lesson must be made at least 24 hours in advance to the RMS office, or the lesson will be forfeited (including reason of sickness). Any verbal or direct cancelation made only with the teacher will not be honored.
5. All students are charged a yearly $60.00 registration fee upon initial enrollment (any time of year), as well as each following Fall season.
6. Students are required to provide a 30 day advanced notice for ending steady weekly lessons, including any long break. If a timeslot is empty for more than 2 weeks in a row, it will be released and offered to other students. The 30 day notice must be provided in writing to email@example.com.
7. Students will have their own method books and other supplements which will be suggested by the teacher and paid for by the student. Participation in concerts, recitals, competitions and other events is strongly encouraged but not required. There is $85 off-premises performance fee for each student.
8. Riverside Music Studios reserves the right to provide substitute teachers when regular instructors are unavailable. We try to keep those situations to a minimum. If a student cancels their own lesson and needs to reschedule, their normal teacher is subject to availability and never guaranteed.
9. For all lessons, in-home or in-studio, a parent or guardian must be remain at the location (students under 18 years old). Riverside Music Studios is not liable for any personal belongings, loss, injury, claim or damages that may arise.